Saturday, November 8, 2014

Pumpkin peanut butter dog treats



Some people cringe when I tell them I make homemade dog biscuits. Those who give it a try soon realize how easy is.
Not to mention, they are pretty tasty. 

My biscuit cutter is too big I need to buy a smaller one. I'm not sure why ever made biscuits as large as my biscuit cutter. Small treats means more giving. :)

Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats

Preheat oven to 350°

2-1/2 to 3 C flour (wheat, AP, or whatever)
2 eggs
4 T peanut butter
1/2 C pumpkin purée
Dash salt
3/4 tsp cinnamon 

Mix all ingredients in bowl. (Mixing in flour lasts makes it easier to hand mix, but it's not necessary) 
I use my hands to mix. Add more flour or water to make it a dough texture. It should be on the dryer side. 

Roll out and cut. 
Bake (I bake on a stone) for 40 minutes or until hardened. 

Taste them!  

These are great treats for if your puppy or dog has loose stool as pumpkin is a remedy for diarrhea. 

Before the flour
Reroll the scraps of course.



Put into airtight jar and use them to bribe your puppy. :D

No comments: